Wednesday, February 1, 2012

FAB + CCFA = Networking Event


Last week, CCFA and The Fashion Advisory Board teamed up once again for a very successful night of networking. Industry professionals from Oak Street Design, Coach, Kohls, Akira, Crate & Barrel, Victoria Secret, and Style Seek all came out to the event, as well as Tricia Parker, a PR consultant. Students and professionals alike had tons of positive things to say
about the event!




What did you think of this event overall?


"As a sophomore, I appreciate that a lot of the professionals provided guidance to help me prepare for my junior year when I am eligible to complete internships for credit"
Katie Kahle, Sophomore


"This was a phenomenal opportunity for anyone looking for internships or jobs." 
- Emily Bertino, Senior


"The fashion world is always connected one way or another. It is good to see Columbia is connected throughout the city and to my 
current employer. Through this event I was able to connect with someone in a different department at Akira to open a door for me."

 - Nadieen Jazeh 


What is your best piece of advice for those entering the fashion industry? 


"Get experience in everything you can." - Caroline Ibarra, student


"Have a lot of experience. Employers want that wow factor; create that lasting impression." 
- Sarah from Coach 


Why do you love your job in the fashion industry?


"I love my job because I feel like I am actually making a difference." 
- Emily Thompson from Crate & Barrel



"I love my job because I can really help customers and get them what they want, not force them to buy." 
- Erika Devine from Kohl's





Did you miss the Networking 


event? Or did you love it and want more? 


The Fashion Advisory Board will 


be hosting two other  events this semester: 


the Industry Breakfast for seniors and the 


Industry Panel. Stay tuned for updates so 


you won't miss out!



No comments:

Post a Comment